Juicing is a popular trend for individuals seeking a delicious drink that delivers nutritional benefits with each sip. People once paid upwards of $10 for a healthy juice at a juice bar, but as the trend grew in popularity, at-home juices made it possible for anyone to create their juice of choice in the comfort of their own kitchen. All that’s needed to create juices is a juicer, fresh fruits, ice, and a few minutes of time.
Juicing: The Benefits
Buying a juicer and enjoying this hobby at home allows you to enjoy delicious health drinks whenever you’d like. Many people invite friends over for juicing parties. It’s easy to make any combination of juices that you’d like to drink as well. Plus, when juicing become a part of your life, the health benefits are exciting and include:
– Provide the body all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that it needs to thrive
– Reduce blood pressure levels
– Absorb nutrients easier, reducing digestion issues
– Enjoy A wide variety of fruits and veggies
– Provides ‘good bacteria’ to the stomach
– Reduces cholesterol levels
– Helps ward off cancer cells
– Best way to detoxify the body
Juicing benefits exceed expectations and come to every person who brings this exciting trend into their home. However, the endless benefits don’t stop with this list. You’ll surely appreciate them all.
Types of Juicers
The press juicer is one of the most popular types of juicers used in kitchens today. It crushes and squeezes the fruit and veggies put inside. The centrifugal juicer slices the fruit and separates it with a blade. The cold-press juicer works at a slower speed, which reduces oxidation, in turn preserving more of the nutrients that you want. Many people use their cold-press as a food processor, doubling the benefits of the purchase.
What to Look for in a Juicer
Buying a juicer isn’t difficult, but if you want the best product for your needs, it is essential to compare the options once you know the features that you want and expect. Ask friends for recommendations for a great juicer, read reviews online, and ask the experts for ideas. Word-of-mouth always offers information that benefits the purchase. Some of the important features that your juicer should include:
– Brand: If there is a brand you prefer more than the next, look for their model juicers first.
– Features: How many ounces does the juicer hold? Is it easy-to-use? Is it easy-to-clean? These questions are only a few of the important factors to keep in mind when making this purchase.
– Cost: The cost of the juicer depends on the brand, the model, the features, place of purchase, etc. Compare options to get the best cost for your juicer.
– Reputation: Read online reviews to learn the thoughts of other users of a particular juicer and check out ‘best-of’ lists to get current model information.