5 Warning Signs of Faulty Electrical Wiring in Your Home

Maintaining the good working condition of your electrical system is one way to keep your home safe all the time. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), electrical distribution and lighting equipment, such as wiring and cords, is the third leading cause of electrical home fires. It accounted for 1,100 civilian injuries and $1.4 billion in direct property damage annually.

Prevent electrical hazards in your home; watch out for these 5 signs of faulty electrical wiring.

Damaged wiring

If you noticed worn, frayed, or chewed wiring in your home, it would be best to call a professional electrician to fix them right away. Damaged insulation around the wire is an electrical hazard. It can cause a shock when touched and a short, which can lead to a fire.

Discoloration

Do not ignore discoloration and scorch marks on your outlets. That is a clear sign of a serious electrical problem in your home, such as overheating. Stop using the damaged outlet and have a professional inspect it right away. Replacing charred or darkened electrical equipment in your home is very important for your family’s safety.

Buzzing noise

Another clear indication of faulty electrical wiring is an unusual sound. If you hear a buzzing or sizzling noise coming from an electrical component or fixture, turn off the electricity immediately and consult your electrician. Your electrical system should operate silently. If it does not, your system may need a professional repair.

Burning odor

Can you smell burning or odd odors in your home? Check immediately to see if the smell is coming from your electrical outlets and panels. A burning smell is one of the most common signs of a potential electrical fire in a home. It’s imperative to have the problem fixed right away before it gets any worse and harms your family and home.

Flickering lights

If you always experience flickering or dimming lights at home, perhaps it’s time to upgrade your wiring system. Electrical wiring that is already 50 years old or over may not be able to handle the increased energy demands of a home. Investing in a new wiring installation is the ultimate solution to such a problem.

Call for an emergency electrical repair St Paul

If you notice these warning signs of electrical wiring failure in your home, make no delays and call in a professional emergency electrical repair. Only hire a licensed and skilled electrician to handle your electrical problems at home. Book a service appointment now!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

÷ 1 = three